My upcoming dissertation research centers on "audio-visual stimulation." "Light and Sound Machines" utilize the AVS phenomenon, in order to facilitate effortless states of deep relaxation. You can freely try AVS here: http://dreamachine.co
When visiting the Dreamachine website, you will find the simple, freely accessible program. Just follow the basic instructions. Ensure that you adjust only two of the settings: 1) Change the color to "yellow" - 2) Change the flashrate to "4hz." To start the program, click where it says: "Enjoy your journey." Also, you must first adhere to the precautions highlighted below.
Ideally, you should be seated in a comfortable position with your computer screen about 18” – 24’ in front of you. I recommend an exposure of at least between 8 - 10 minutes.
You can also experience the relaxing effects of AVS, via this freeware download:
Or, if you like, you can purchase a reasonably-priced "Light and Sound Machine" here: http://www.elixa.com/mental/Orion.htm
In addition to (or instead of) the "Light and Sound Machine," many people also find relaxing the audio effects of binaural beats (must use headphones):
For sleep, I would recommend combining AVS with hypnosis and one of the following supplements:
(Review all disclaimers below, before considering any of the following information.)
• L-Tryptophan (Four 500 mg capsules)
• Kava (An alternative to l-tryptophan: four 250 mg capsules)
• Melatonin (5 - 10mg 30 minutes before bedtime)
• Hemp Oil (10 - 15 drops for pain relief and/or sleep)
• Audio Self-Hypnosis MP3 for Sleep
- Always check with your physician, prior to trying any supplements.
- Sufferers of photosensitive epilepsy should never try AVS.
- Do not apply any of this information while driving or operating heavy equipment.
- Hemp oil contains Cannabidiol (CBD) and other ingredients. You MUST check your local, state, and federal laws before purchasing hemp oil.